- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a related field from an accredited college or a university with relevant teaching certification. Master’s Degree & Experience in Islamic Schools will be a plus but not required.
- Proven Quranic and Islamic knowledge and/or degree/coursework in Islamic studies will be highly desired.
- Three (3) years’ related professional and managerial experience required with prior experience in a related field preferred.
- Fluency in English is a must and proficiency in Arabic is highly preferred.
- Must be able to work in a team with strong leadership skills.
- Islamic dress code is a must.
- An understanding of and commitment to collaborative leadership;
- Ability to resolve and deal with conflicts.
- The ability to supervise teachers and provide clear directions and feedback;
- The ability to earn the respect of and work well with a diverse students` population.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- The principal is an employee of AHC and is responsible to run the affairs of the school as per the guidelines detailed in the school’s operational guidelines.
- He/she supervises all school personnel, directly and/or indirectly, serves as the chief administrator of the school in developing and implementing policies, programs, curriculum activities and budget.
- He/she is responsible for the overall discipline and the welfare of the school students and teachers.
- He/she ensures that all school programs are compatible with the principles outlined in the schools Mission and vision
- He/she provides opportunities for staff participation in the school program and supervises / appraises the school staff’s performance.
- He/she manages, directs, and maintains records on the materials, school supplies and equipment, which are necessary to carry out the school routine.
- Experience with/knowledge of current elementary school program(s) and procedures
- He/she submits monthly progress and financial reports to the committee showing budgeted and actual revenues and expenditures
- He/she conducts an annual evaluation of the administrative staff and school teachers.
- He/she maintains communication with AHC Education committee and reports directly to the executive committee of the AHC BOD
- Evaluate program effectiveness; and that the curriculum meets the needs of the congregation and community. In addition, plan, promote, administer, and review the school year’s program.
- Propose and initiate a process for long range and strategic planning that will engage the committee and the community in positioning the school system for success in ensuing years.
- Maintain or direct the maintenance of records and files and the preparation of reports.
- Prepare and implement the timetable, class lists and schedules and supervision schedules.
- Ensure the maintenance of good order and discipline at all times during the school day when students are present on the school premises and whenever students are engaged in authorized school activities, whether on the school premises or elsewhere.
- Preparation and submission of government required documentation and reports
- Ensure safe and healthy environment for students and staff at school.
- Educational planning, progress and performance of the school at large.
- Able to work closely with the school council
Criminal Record Check For the safety of students, successful candidates will be required to submit a vulnerable security criminal record check prior to the commencement of any employment duties.
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada upon hire. Proof of eligibility may be requested and may come in the form of a copy of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation.
Salary: Dependent upon experience and qualifications
Starting Date: Immediately
Position Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview