2016 – 2017 | Iqra Evening School
Insha’Allah, a defining foundation for the early years and beyond
Registration for the 2016-2017 school year is:
On Saturday, August 6th from 11:00a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
On Saturday, August 13th from 11:00a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
On Saturday, August 20th from 11:00a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Registration will take place in the school Community Hall. If you are unable to make this time, please let Sr.Ummu Ibrahim know. Most of the forms that you will need are on the website. If you want to print them off and fill them in, feel free to do so or packets will be available during the registration time, as listed above.
We pray that this finds you in best of health and Eeman.
On behalf of the staff at Abu Huraira Iqra School, we happy to welcome you to the 2016-17 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in this Dunya and Akhirah, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education.
As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school both days and arrives on time, with uniform and ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
4) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any subject (Qruan, Arabic or Islamic Studies)
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the Masjid`s program and its operations.
We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
1) Teacher-led instructional support, usually in the classroom
2) Teaching the proper Quran recitation with children who need extra help
3) School-wide events
4) Student recognition events
5) Patrolling the Masjid parking lot during the drop-off and pick-up times.
Please note that we have a copy of our school rules on our website, so that you and your child can review them together. If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to contact us or to discuss them with your child’s teacher. It is very important that you and your child are fully informed regarding standards related to appropriate behavior for a safe and productive school year.
- Provides structured learning for boys and girls between the ages of 5 and 10. Currently we are running a program which focuses on how to read and write Quranic Arabic. This program teaches our students the fundamental rules of the language in order to strengthen their skills in understanding the Holy Quran
- Students will be tested in their knowledge in the Arabic alphabet and assigned classrooms according to the child’s ability and age. Throughout the semester they will complete the book titled “Ahsanul Qawaid”, which is geared towards learning to read the Quran.
- Cultivate an enlightened, dynamic and attentive learning environment in which each student is given the opportunities and encouragement to reach their potential.
- Improve and sustain teaching and learning environments, and school facilities to support AHC Montessori Islamic School ’s mission and vision.
The wonderful 2016 staff feels privileged to be a part of Abu Huraira family.
We thank you for your support and look forward to your partnership.
May Allah bless you and your family!